1. Core Content: MSK
- Life in the Fast Lane has this review of rhabdomyolysis.
- This is a link to the EM in 5 video on flexor tenosynovitis.
2. Pearls as a new attending
For philosophical & practical advice on survival & success in EM, check out :
ALiEM How I work Smarter series
ALiEM How I Stay Healthy series
emdocs EM Mindset series
3. Safety at a Motor Vehicle Site
- Review the P.E.N.M.A.N. acronym for scene safety as a first responder.
4. Trauma Case Conference - Hollow Viscous Injuries & Peds Abdominal Trauma
- see this article on the epidemiology of hollow viscous injuries following blunt trauma.
- See this retrospective study on the association between severity of splenic injury and concomitant hollow viscous injury.
- See this Peds EM Morsels post to help you decide which pediatric patients are low risk for intrabdominal injury or this post from PEM Cincinnati outlining an evidence-based algorithm for the evaluation of pediatric trauma patients.