Diagnosis of Pulmonary Embolism in the Pregnant Patient.
Northwester EM Education has this post on the diagnostic evaluation of Pulmonary embolism in pregnancy. A very worthwhile read to familiarize yourself with the current guidelines.
Airway, Airway and more Airway.
Both the interactive lecture time and simulation cases focused on difficulty airway algorithms & management. There are a seemingly innumerable number of podcasts, blog posts and videos on difficult airway management. Here are a few.
1. Lessons from the Elaine Bromiley Case. Amazing video from Elaine Bromiley's husband discussing a physician's failure to acute on her airway during a routine procedure (an important lesson on the importance of teamwork in critical situations).
2. Advanced airway Management with Reuben Strayer. These slides are an excellent resource to flip through.
3. EMcrit video of Reuben Strayer performing a cric on a post-arrest patient.
4. For the Sake of the Trach by Phil Chan - an excellent review on trach basics & complications.
5. PulmCrit/EMCrit has this great summary of pearls from Levitan's Airway Course.
6. EMCrit covers the delayed sequence intubation (DSI) algorithm.
7. Consider reviewing the EMCrit Intubation Checklist, which also provides links to the excellent Laryngoscope as a Murder Weapon Series covering management of patients at high risk of peri-intubation arrest.
Enjoy your learning,