1. Ob/Gyn Core Content: Ectopic Pregnancy
- emdocs covers the basics and ACEP Clinical Policy regarding ectopic pregnancy.
- EM Updates has this algorithm for evaluation for ectopic in the ED
- SGEM covers JAMA's rational clinical exam for ectopic pregnancy
- EM Curious Ultrasound Leadership Academy covers Ultrasound in Early Pregnancy
2. Congenital Heart Disease in Adults
3. Treating Hypoxia
- Everyday E(B)M has this algorithm for trouble shooting hypoxia on the vent.
- The ED ECMO blog and podcast covers all things ED ECMO, including indications, methods, and a literature database.
- Life in the Fast Lane has this list of maneuvers to improve oxygenation in ARDS.
- Familiarize yourself with the ARDSnet protocol (... and consider keeping a copy of the FiO2/PEEP table on your phone or mobile device)
4. the ethics of Perimortem Procedures
- Highly recommend reading "The Ethics of Using the Recently Deceased to Instruct Residents in Cricothyrotomy" by Andrew Makowski published in the Annals of Emergency Medicine
- NPR covered the movement for "The Pause" after a death in the ED.
5. Admin: ED Benchmarking Alliance
- This article in EP Monthly discusses the results of the 2012 ED Benchmarking Alliance survey demonstrating that the ED is the Nexus of Care.
- Review the key ED Metrics of Performance with the Emergency Department Performance Measures Updates from the 2014 Emergency Department Benchmarking Alliance Consensus Summit.